door hinge pin holes oblong

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

crtodaro

Aug 6, 2024
new york
Hi folks thanks for the invite.
I'm having issues with my 2004 Jøtul F 500 Non-catalytic Wood Stove front door hinges. the face of the stove has two tabs for the door hinges. the holes are getting oblong now and the door is scraping the air lever below it. If i lift the door when closing it seals fine but I'm looking to correct this the right way. I can't find any info on fixing this and the dealer told me no one has ever had this issue(I can't believe that). So has any one on this forum come across this & if so would you please share what my option's are. I can rule out welding the holes shut and re-drilling, trying to find a used front will surely be buy as is and you know how that'll go. So thanks for reading and I'm hoping someone has come up with a cleaver fix. thanks, Carlo

It's been reported before with some other stoves. The F500 has a big heavy door. I'm wondering if there is enough meat to drill out enough to fit a sleeve to fit the hinge pin.

Reactions: bigealta