Do I need a new baffle gasket?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
I am 100% with Squisher, did not ses à difference , everytime I take out the baffle, the gasket is thorne apart... Go figure

Same here, gasket not lasting and no visible advantage using it at all,

Glad people have posted similar. I’ve just pulled baffle out (first seasons use) of PE Neo 1.6 and there’s no gasket to be seen, it’s either disintegrated during use or was never installed. Have a pack of gaskets bought ready for the clean, will see if there’s any difference once it’s back together and fired up.

The gasket is cheap and sacrificial.

I copied mine right off the baffle. Not the old non existent one.

I just measured the perimeter dimensions of the secondary feed tube and fabricated off of that.

The PE baffles have ports at the back, it is burning as designed. The secondaries you see back there are by design.