Cubex problem

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
The Cubex I got this year is a little different in colour (darker brown)
The heat is as good as years before (only pellet I have used in the last 17 years)
It seems to have more ash but other than that performance is as good as in past years

The Cubex I got this year is a little different in colour (darker brown)
The heat is as good as years before (only pellet I have used in the last 17 years)
It seems to have more ash but other than that performance is as good as in past years
We have Hartman P68 and we are getting an oval shaped cup of crust with burning pellets in the center of the cup. We are not getting the fine ash bed common to Harlan’s. I brought home some Tractor Supply pellets and they gave me the normal Hartman ash bed just like last years Cubex. It is only this years Cubex causing the problem.