Countryside Baby Magnum Feeding too fast

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
which end of the piece to hook the hose to, there are 2 nipples. Your picture shows it on the back one, ours is on the front. Does it matter, or does one do one thing, and the other something else?

I am not sure about the two hook-ups. Mine is working hooked up this way. When I hooked it up the other way it would give me an error light on the control board. Someone jumpered it so it is possible someone moved the hose. I would make sure that hose going to it is clear. I would also check the two other sensors. Proof of fire and the high temperature sensor.Make sure they are hooked up properly and not have a jumper wire attached like the pressure switch.

I contacted the guy we bought it from, he said it was jumpered off two weeks after it was installed by a factory trained tech, because his exhaust was on a corner, and if the wind blew, it was causing the stove to shut down.

So instead of solving the venting issue the " factory tech" put the homeowner at risk by circumventing a safety:(

They must have changed the design then because the ones I have worked on never had a vacuum switch. Another reason I no longer use a Countryside.

The sticker on the back of my stove has November 2005 as the manufacture date. I was wondering when they started building them? When they changed over to Chinese made stoves?

Now, it's feeding too slowly.... had some pellets jammed in it, took the bolts loose, and got the excess to fall through, now, it's only feeding pellets about every 3rd rotation. What did we do wrong?

Loosening the bolts was not enough to clear your jam just shuffle the fines through. Time to remove the auger assembly.

I looked through here, and looked their website, is there something that shows what to do? It looks like it's sealed, and he didn't want to break the seal.

Status
Not open for further replies.