Completed Woodburner Hearth

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

flati

Feb 28, 2018
Ohio
After spending time here over the last couple years asking questions and reading everything that I could, I finally completed my project and wanted to thank each one of you that contribute to this site. Attached are the "before" and "after" pictures of the project that "wouldn't end", a first for me doing stone and tile work and also my first woodburner, a Buck Model 74. Thank you very much gang!

Very nice!

Good job! How dry is your wood? ;)

I see you moved the entire assembly to the left away from the wall (before pictures show spacer blocks). Was that by choice or by design. (I like its current position, just curious). I see you move the outlet into the stone face to plug in the blower. Nice install.

After some measuring and moving things back and forth (and back and forth) I just thought it looked better centered with the wall also, so that's where I decided to put it. I made it that size to allow access to a utility room which is to the left but not visible in the picture.

Looks awesome.