Chimney cleaning needed and completed.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gasifier

Minister of Fire
Apr 25, 2011
St. Lawrence River Valley, N.Y.
I just paid my chimney guy to sweep it out. $95 to have it cleaned. He takes the cap off, cleans it thoroughly, and then cleans the entire chimney (27'), and then comes inside and cleans the pipes there as well. Good guy, and not a bad deal at all. He was here for an hour and a half. I had creosote this year. I usually do not have any of that. Chimney guy said he has seen more creosote this year than he has seen in a really long time. Even in peoples chimneys who burn well seasoned wood and don't usually have much in there chimney.

Has anyone else experienced this? He believes the weather conditions are creating a perfect enviornment for it. Warm temperatures, humidity off and on, etc. I feel better now that I got it cleaned out. Have a close look at your chimneys. Top to bottom. The top of mine was the worst. Stay safe.

And yes. :roll: I know. Eventually, I will be adding more storage. :lol: A few years from now when I can afford it! That will be nice, trying to get that past the wife! :lol: Especially since I just bought a nice used 4wd Kubota L3710 with a loader and backhoe! :ahhh: :lol: Have a good one guys.

Here is a pic of my flue, was up there last week doing a visual.

Have a large bluestone cap over 3 flues and I need to keep an eye on the condensation forming under the cap.
Next summer gotta seal up the crown.

Can never take it lightly.

Scott

Attachments

• Chimney cleaning needed and completed.
    x 001.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 202
Nice picture Scott. Thanks for sharing. I wish I had a before and after of my chimney, and especially the cap. My wife always takes her digital camera with her when she goes. Damn. Just when I need it. I went to take a picture of some light work I was doing today with the my new work horse(Kubota tractor) and didn't have the camera. Yes, I'm wining about it. Got any cheese to go with that wine?!

Status
Not open for further replies.