Change of plans... but got a good deal on a Jotul f100

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Cringer

Sep 15, 2018
Alberta
As I mentioned in my other thread, a cardboard mockup of the BK Ashford 20 showed me that it would just take up too much floor space in my tiny 200sqft living room. I was interested in the Jotul f3cb but its requirement of an r-value hearth pad that sticks out 18” (canada) from the front of the stove, was also a problem.

I finally settled on the f100 which is tiny and only requires ember protection, but in Canada they dont offer that model in blue black enamel which I really like the looks of. I contacted a local hearth shop and asked the dealer if he would be able to order in a UK-version f100 which does come in bbe. He said he would look around but I wasnt holding my breath because a stove from overseas probably wouldnt have the csa approval.

When he got back to me he said that he had found in their warehouse an unsold, never burned, full warranty, older model f100. It had the bbe finish as well as the arches in the window and the waffle top.

Change of plans... but got a good deal on a Jotul f100

The price? $750 canadian, which is like two hundred bucks American (ok, $585 but still). I called him with my credit card and will also be ordering the longer leg kit for it. I will post some photos when we get it set up.

Cheers,
Chad

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Jan Pijpelink
Wow, good score on the price. You can't hardly get a decent used stove on Kijiji for that price. I'm sure you'll have no problem keeping your 200ft2 living room warm enough with that. ;)

Reactions: Cringer
Wow, good score on the price. You can't hardly get a decent used stove on Kijiji for that price. I'm sure you'll have no problem keeping your 200ft2 living room warm enough with that. ;)

Thanks SuperJ. I’m hoping it will be enough to heat the 450ft2 of the combined living room, dining room, kitchen area. But i realize it is a tiny stove... and our house is not insulated the best... and i will be burning softwoods... and sometimes it gets to -30*F here... yikes!

I think you'll have more heat than you know what to do with. :)
It might be small, but Jotul's have a reputation of being fierce heaters. With only 450ft2 you'll be fine even at -40.

That’s a very good deal. Blue/black is my favorite Jotul color too!

Are you sure that hasn't been used. The inside back wall looks black.

Are you sure that hasn't been used. The inside back wall looks black.
I thought so too. I just assumed it was a burning display, missed the part about “new”.

I thought so too. I just assumed it was a burning display, missed the part about “new”.

I will check that out when i go in on wednesday. He said it was new and had never been burned in. I was wondering why it looked black as well. Do they install the firebrick at the factory, or could that need to be installed separately when the stoves are shipped to Canada?

It has no firebrick. Just iron panels.