century 244

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jamess67

Feeling the Heat
Hearth Supporter
Nov 19, 2007
Central Illinois
Well I decided to dive into the wood burning life.
Im going to get a used Century 244 (24k btu) to use as supplemental heat.
I found a PDF version of the manual and it says to install according to local code.
I called my building inspector and he said the code reads to install to manufactures instructions. Hmmm.
I plan on using a wall (technical term escapes me) behind the stove with a 1 inch spacing. And of course a hearth that is 18" larger than stove. My question is how far away from the wall do I install it with the stand off wall? FYI the Century is equipped with the blower housing on the back.

I checked my insurance (State Farm) and they just offer suggested clearances but to install according to the manufacturer.

Thanks for your help

At our previous house, we had two (2) 244's heating our house.
It's a great efficient stove for a low price. It out-performed
its expsensive cast-iron predecessors. No regets buying it.

Decided to look one more time for specs and found them..

I hope I enjoy this stove. My house if only 1500 sq ft and I have a 97% gas furnace so hopefully Ill be saving some cash.

Status
Not open for further replies.