CB1200i call light turns off on its own?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

borland2000

Hearth Supporter
Oct 30, 2009
portland,me
I have Quadrafire classic bay 1200 insert and its been great. This year its acting funny. It will run for a while (a few hours) and then the call light turns off (even though thermostat hasnt hit set temp). I tried messing with the thermostat thinking that was the issue. I shortcircuited the thermostat and even then, it would run, then for no apparent reason, the call light turns off and it stops feeding. Then a few minutes later it the light turns on again and its back. What gives? any ideas?

Check stove thermostat wire connectors that plug into thermostat connector block inside stove. Could be losing tension causing an intermittent open circuit.

Also try shorting across thermostat connectors on stove to eliminate external stove wiring and thermostat. If issue still exists its internal to stove.

Reactions: kappel15
Thanks for ideas; yes, I was short-circuiting wires at thermostat - so it must be internal. Ill take a look at those wires next time I clean. Ive noticed it seems to only happen when extremely hot (ie highest setting and increase feed rate.

If whole stove is shutting down, it could be the #3 snap disc. Are you running too hot a fire, or is the disc going bad? Some have to be reset manually and some reset themselves. kap