Cat vs woodstove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

ckr74

Burning Hunk
Hearth Supporter
Mar 3, 2006
Last night I had just put a load of wood in the stove and the cat wanted to jump on it. I shooed him away and thought all was good and the temptation was gone. Not! He walked away turned around and walked up to the stove again and jumped on it. Needless to say he wasn't there long. Luckily the top temp was 238deg and Charlie the cat is fine. Crazy cat! Guess I had a cat stove for a brief moment.

Reactions: Ashful and clancey
My cat is always in my stove, nicely hot ;)

Reactions: clancey and John B
My cats all know better, and they all learned the same way! (The "Well, he won't do THAT twice" method is also how I recall learning wood stove safety myself as a small child... 😉)

Image7668388057919872040.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: velvetfoot
Our 2 younger cats give the stove a wide berth, the old one gets close in order to keep his arthritic bones warm. All 3 seem to think it would be a bad idea to jump up on it.

I have three black cats and a white cat....they all love when the stove is going. They get in the way but thats what they are supposed to do, lol. Gotta love em!

The moment I start moving wood to the stove, he is there in anticipation.

Cat vs woodstove