Castle Serenity feed problem

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Jayzuki

Dec 8, 2019
Lee , NY
Wondering if anyone else has a had problems with this stove feeding pellets . It occasionally. Drops pellets at startup, lately I hand feed it until it decides to drop on a regular basis, turning the blower fan up or down will usually prompt the auger to start dropping pellets but sometimes it will just stop.once it’s up and running it will run fine all day. So far I’ve replaced the door gasket and vacuum switch per castle , I’ve also replaced the auger motor and igniter . I’ve bypassed the proof of fire switch, and the exhaust motor spins freely asi it should, please help I’m sick of throwing parts at this thing, my next part is going to be the controller! Lol

I cannot say i have experienced that on mine. . and if the folks at Ardisam are throwing all of those at you, i guess they are really scratching their heads too.
DO tell us please if you are paying for any of these parts while troubleshooting.

Yes I am, apperantly you can buy a whole lot of every part you could replace for $350 on eBay, but I saw that half way into it lol

Jump the vacuum switch and see if that helps. Upon start up is the L on the screen there and is the auger icon coming on and off? Also are you starting it on heat level 3?