Call Me Crazy...........

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Paid 415.00 for 1 ton of Blazers and 432.00 for 1 ton of Okanagan Doug Firs.Plan on burning oil and pellets this year.

Those prices are not crazy for Long Island, I had to pay them a couple of times when I ran out of pellets.

If you can, check out the Lowes in Riverhead for quality pellets at bulk prices.

OUCH! !!! Wow, that is a hefty price per ton. Not this cowboy. I'll go back to being a wood slave before I shell out $400 per ton. At $300 per ton I'll be looking at my options. Right now here locally a ton of pellets sells for $205 - $235.

Some of the big box stores will be sitting on theirs at $250 per ton.

I know we get cheaper pricing here than LI but damn..........

181.9 per gallon for 200 gallons

That's a great price for oil!! I would seriously consider running the stove on low just for some ambiance, or even getting some cheaper pellets and saving those good ones if oil goes back up, that is if you have the room to store them of coarse!

Reactions: Mealie38
That's a great price for oil!! I would seriously consider running the stove on low just for some ambiance,
And do not forget about the savings you have on that cheap oil while you do burn expensive pellets for ambiance. While watching the cash burn in the fire box your cheap oil burner could loaf a bit therefore "saving" you some of your hard earned cash on the cheaper oil. What an optimist I am. Kudos for me! Now I need to go polish my trumpet so I can blow that shiny bad boy.

I'd be burning oil in a heart beat here this year if I had that option. You will not see me investing in an oil burning unit though. Nor will I spring for a propane set up. Just hang tight and wait and see what happens after the 2016 elections. Same games but just a different four year time frame.

Status
Not open for further replies.