Burn times

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
wow, I need to get this kind of burn time...right now I'm checking/ adding every 2-3 hrs 24/7
Is this because of a small firebox, or the way the firebox has to be loaded? Our Jotul F400 was every 4-8 hr depending on the heat demand, the T6 is every 8-12 hrs again depending on how hard it's being pushed for heat. Sometimes the universe comes together and I get a 14 hr burn.

Reactions: ctreitzell
Is this because of a small firebox, or the way the firebox has to be loaded? Our Jotul F400 was every 4-8 hr depending on the heat demand, the T6 is every 8-12 hrs again depending on how hard it's being pushed for heat. Sometimes the universe comes together and I get a 14 hr burn.
it's because the flue cools too quickly if the air intake is too closed down

I was overloading the firebox last year to get 4+ hr burns; I was packing it full...
the baffle is melted to a 1/2 pipe...just about ready to slip out of its bracket

The Panaderos are not cast

I know choked embers will last for many hours with no airflow through the Panadero...I could start heating the flue before opening the air intake...but I run the risk of a smoky morning...and cool rooms will occur

at some point I'll start looking for a better solution...this year, tho, I expect to be stuck with this Délice...unless it becomes very dangerous...I believe the weld on the bottom of the exterior body has leaked creosote...so if forced to send the stove back to Panadero, I'll need to know what to replace it with...and I'm certain no other stove will connect directly to my chimney...other than another Délice/ Dover...ugh, so we could buy a second one

funds are tight!