burn question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

harley75

Nov 21, 2016
pennsylvania
I have my stove set on number 3 heat output now after it burns for a little seems the burn pot all but burns out.Now is that a air issue or auger feed my flame is a yellowish.

what stove do you have

I have my stove set on number 3 heat output now after it burns for a little seems the burn pot all but burns out.Now is that a air issue or auger feed my flame is a yellowish.

Are you getting good heat from the stove? Sounds like it could be starving for fuel, however pellet stove flames do fluctuate up and down low, that is normal.

Oh yeah there is heat coming from it i wasn't sure if i had to adjust the auger trim because factory setting is 0.

If you are happy with the heat and the fire isn't burning dirty or going out (starving for fuel) then just leave it. If you raise the feed you will just use more pellets that you don't need to.

Well heat is good but does look like it is burning a little dirty.I see like little black dirt in the pellet ash not sure if thats normal still playing with air very little at a time to get the hang of it

Well heat is good but does look like it is burning a little dirty.I see like little black dirt in the pellet ash not sure if thats normal still playing with air very little at a time to get the hang of it

Like table pepper? Mine is like that too, depending on the brand of pellets some can be more greyish. This is normal. What is an indication of a dirty burn is excess soot, dirty glass and any creosote buildup anywhere. Also the flame tips will be sooty like the flame of a candle that needs the wick trimmed.

Us
Now got to get gaskets in around blower smell smokey wood in there

use high heat silicone tape and tape all the pipe joints including the connection to the blower.

Got joints taken care of but its coming from inside around combustion blower got new gaskets ordered just in case will have to check again when i do a short fire

I think i found leak around my damper there is a L bracket with a gasket on it that touch's my damper slide thing is on the parts list it doesn't show it so what do i do now

Status
Not open for further replies.