burn pot improvements question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mailman1

Feb 13, 2014
Holmen, WI
I read a post on the forum recently and can't find it again. Hope someone remembers and can help find it or answer the question again. We had been having issues with our Harman PC45. The serviceman suggested trying 3 things. First we bought a new probe. That helped with keeping soot buildup down. Stove is 11 years old. He said we might want to try a new burn pot as they are more efficient. Also, he suggested another part that has a larger hole than the older stove, which is behind the burn pot....don't remember the name of it. Anybody remember this post? Thanks for your help.

Exaust blower plate? The upgrade kit gets the stove to 50k btus. I would check all the gaskets as air leakage will allow air In without it going thru the pot and making for a poorer burn. I had success in keeping the burn cleaner by turning the feed rate down to 2. Fuels can differ hence the change of feed rates. Pellet tray has bigger holes. I think I posted to your earlier enquiry.

Status
Not open for further replies.