Breckwell P2000i troubleshooting help

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

chris0nllyn

Oct 5, 2014
MD
I finally got my stove and liner installed over the weekend and ran into an issue.

The stove drops pellets and lights up for about 10-15 minutes then shuts down and blinks #3. During this whole time, the convection fan does not turn on, but it will if I push the "High Fan" button.

I cleaned the stove really good before installing (including all the ash traps, etc) and I bypassed both the POF and high temp thermodisk and no change. There is 1 fuse blown that I need to replace (no stores had them yesterday).

I really hope it's not the control board.....any info?

The blown fuse could have something to do with it.

I got fuses today and I'll give it another try when I get home later.

The convection fan not coming on bothers me a bit, but I'm hoping that it will come on after the start-up period

The convection fan on that unit will kick on once the thermo disc reaches 110 degrees. and then during shutdown once it reaches 90 degrees

And if I bypass it making it NC all the time, shouldn't the convection fan come on when the stove does, or will it wait until after the start-up period and the On/Off light stops blinking?

thanks for the help!

If you bypass the switch the fan should run as soon as you turn the stove on. You can also try "hard wiring" the convection fan to see if it's the fan.

Ok, so I changed the fuses out and no change. Checked the t-state jumper and made sure the shunt was correct.

I'm getting fed up with this damned thing, and really don't want to buy a control board....

Update:

Going to build my own "controller". Should have it done for less than $200.

Will post again when I complete and test it. I'll also try and include a wiring diagram and part numbers for anyone else that wants to try.

Status
Not open for further replies.