Breckwell Big E - fan speed

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

stallau

Hearth Supporter
May 17, 2009
Southern ME
I'm just starting up my stove for the season and the stove starts and runs nicely but the only fan speed change is when I go from 1 to 2. I can change it to 3 - 4 or 5 but the circulator fan for blowing heat never changes speed. So I tried a few things

1) Turned stove off and let it cool - restarted - no change
2) Unplugged for about 1/2 hour and then restarted - no change

I'm betting control board or fan but more control board since the fan at least does work. Any other resetting or tests recommended??

Thanks for the help

Keep in mind there are only 2 convection fan speeds on the Big E, or at least on mine which was made in 2009. Low and high; you can manually adjust to high on low feed rates which I have always done as the stove is in an adjacent room and we try to push as much hot air as possible.
Best regards,
Randi

Reactions: Lake Girl
The recall notice has Homcomfort window pellet stove but apparently it's full name was Homcomfort Eco Aire...

I do have the window mount but my serial # was not in the recall when I checked at the time. The unit works good but is only used occasionally to heat a non-heated room when necessary.

Randi

Randi, we would like to get your stove back as well. Can you please call us at 1 800 750-2723 and speak with Janet or Crystal.
sent from my pixelated Nexus 6p

Will do ! I just saw your reply today and will call tomorrow 12/30/16. I appreciate the heads-up on our stove and the fact you want to take care of us despite our serial # not being in the initial recall. Thank you !

Best regards,
Randi

Status
Not open for further replies.