Brand new to Pellets Brand new to the forum

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LordmetalZ28

Minister of Fire
Nov 2, 2014
Hudson Valley NY
Just checking in. First few days with my stove now Have wanted a pellet stove for 10years now. Finally finished most of my home Repairs and treated my wife and i to a stove. I was and hvac tech for 10+ years before i got out of that business and Left for a commuter Railroad Job. I did my research and knowing furnaces boilers and a lot of electrical i opted to go with a Ashley 5660 with legs instead of something way more pricey. So far i love it and cant Believe i waited so long to get it. I installed it myself thru the roof with 13ft of vertical rise 7.5 manufacturers specs. I cannot stress how important natural draft is. So i just wanted to check in and say hi. Looking forward to a lot of Bs ing by the fire.

Thanks

Congrats! Pics or it didn't happen. :p

Welcome! You will like the heat. Pics or,,,, well you know. I was real bad about getting some posted and it took awhile. Don't be like me.

Very NICE! The dogs have you trained well. Now go fetch some pellets for them...........

Looks very good. Was wondering & trying to picture what mine would look like. Bought this same stove & working on install right now. These pictures got me excited to get mine finished. Thank you! Good job!

Reactions: bags
I was looking at the Ashley but was scared off because of "no support" as a DIY project. But that is just beautiful! The dogs are obviously loving it too! Gosh, now I have to go back to my list and see if the Ashley might still fit in (the price is right!)

I was looking at the Ashley but was scared off because of "no support" as a DIY project. But that is just beautiful! The dogs are obviously loving it too! Gosh, now I have to go back to my list and see if the Ashley might still fit in (the price is right!)

You would find tons of support here though.

Thanks for the compliments. The dogs love it. Glad i helped a few of you along with how it would look in your home. Honestly the reason i bought it was the reviews i read everywhere about harmon enviro etc. Im experienced with all the materials inside the stove from working with high efficency furnaces. I figured id take a shot with this one first then if the need arises upgrade ib the future. I just hope i find a place i can get parts for this. Getting my ducks in a row now case i need parts later and cant find anywhere yet. But no complaints so far. So happy i bought it.

Looks great!

Was just going to ask about the termination outside... You have to terminate 12" away from the exterior wall (page 12, #12). Don't want to see you ruin your siding or start a fire... Otherwise looks real nice.

Hopefully have surge protection on it. Fire detector, CO monitor and fire extinguisher in the room but away from the stove.

Enjoy the heat!

Thats not the exhaust its the oak inlet. The exhaust goes up thru the roof. I need to pick upa surge protector. Have all the other stuff you listed

Gotcha;)

Hubby and one son are career fire fighters (different departments) so detectors & such are always in mind... Maine had a bad fire over the week-end cause unknown - five deaths:(

You would find tons of support here though.
That is true, but as a single, working person who does not deal with electrical work (sheetrock and demolition, yes, electrical, no), it scares me a bit to be on my own with something such as this.

Was just going to ask about the termination outside... You have to terminate 12" away from the exterior wall (page 12, #12). Don't want to see you ruin your siding or start a fire... Otherwise looks real nice.

Hopefully have surge protection on it. Fire detector, CO monitor and fire extinguisher in the room but away from the stove.

Enjoy the heat!
I thought it was the exhaust at first too. Then re-read his post and realized that must be the OAK. But I'm sure you voiced what a lot of people were thinking!

Yeah. I worried how the oak was gonna look ob the house cause the siding was done this year. But i was very happy the way it came out looks great to me.

Reactions: bogieb
Status
Not open for further replies.