Bow Window rot Fix.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Don2222

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Feb 1, 2010
Salem NH
Hello
Water got in and the trim broard under the window and the large board across the bottom and decorative support bracket was pink rot! Might be a good idea to fix it before fall and winter?? See pics 1-3
Then I noticed the 4 ft vinyl trim piece between the 2 middle windows was missing where the water most likely got in! They are a press fit and this middle one must have blown down in a storm!!!
So $102 for the nice PVC Veranda HP (High Performance) composite wood and some 2x4x8 PT from Home Depot and with the product ID code in the top window jam, I did a special order from Anderson for the vinyl trim piece! See pics 4-6
After tearing it apart we found the trim boards and bottom board apart we found the trim boards were not really fastened securely so we added some pressure treated wood for a good strong nailing base. See pic 7
Then added the PVC Boards See pic 8
Then the job is not done until the new trim piece is installed and all nail holes are filled and caulking and touch up painting is done! See Pic 9-12
Finally All Done
See pics 13-14
Note: Pics 15-16 shows the product ID and the phone # inside top window jam for ordering parts. The type of window glass is etched on each pane in the lower right corner for ordering new glass.

Bow Window rot Fix.Bow Window rot Fix.Bow Window rot Fix.Bow Window rot Fix.Bow Window rot Fix.Bow Window rot Fix.Bow Window rot Fix.Bow Window rot Fix.Bow Window rot Fix.Bow Window rot Fix.Bow Window rot Fix.Bow Window rot Fix.Bow Window rot Fix.Bow Window rot Fix.Bow Window rot Fix.Bow Window rot Fix.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like some of the images can't load due to too large files? They are 3024x4032 and there are a lot of them. Reduce them down to something more reasonable like 1200x 900px.

Last edited:
Looks like some of the images can't load due to too large files. They are 3024x4032 and there are a lot of them. Reduce them down to something more reasonable like 1200x 900px.
Thanks BG
I actually deleted some of the images and then added them again because I took them out of order and I had to add them in order! LOL. How do they look 👀 now?

That explains them not loading. They're still huge image sizes, but whatever. I ended up skipping over this, too much scrolling. That's what the thumbnail size images are for.

Anywho, good to get these repairs done now. It looks much better.

That explains them not loading. They're still huge image sizes, but whatever. I ended up skipping over this, too much scrolling. That's what the thumbnail size images are for.

Anywho, good to get these repairs done now. It looks much better.
Hi BG
I did click on attach files to put the images in.
Then it came out like this after I saved them.
The pic below is how it looked to me in edit mode?

Bow Window rot Fix.

When you tap on Insert on the image there will be a choice, Thumbnail or Full Image. Select Thumbnail. The full image will still upload, but the smaller thumbnail will display. If someone wants to see more detail all they have to do is click on the image. I changed your last posted image to thumbnail to illustrate. This option is also availble for a group of images. Just Select Multiple first. I'll do this for the bundle of first posted images. Thumbnails not only reduce scrolling, but they also load faster for people on slow networks and use less data on phones.

IMG_4763.PNG

When you tap on Insert on the image there will be a choice, Thumbnail or Full Image. Select Thumbnail. The full image will still upload, but the smaller thumbnail will display. If someone wants to see more detail all they have to do is click on the image. I changed your last posted image to thumbnail to illustrate. This option is also availble for a group of images. Just Select Multiple first. I'll do this for the bundle of first posted images. Thumbnails not only reduce scrolling, but they also load faster for people on slow networks and use less data on phones.

View attachment 329305
Very good - Thanks BG