Bought home with quadrafire stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Trife86

Feb 12, 2021
NJ
Hello everyone,

I purchased a home with a well used quadrafire. I'm trying to find out if it's repairable or just replace with a newer stove.

There is no model tag or serial number on it, I know the previous owner used it daily but everything I read looks like it's missing parts. (Blanket and the board on the top) and some rust inside. The top seems to have some surface rust and pitting but not enough I would think that would effect use. Bought home with quadrafire stoveBought home with quadrafire stoveBought home with quadrafire stoveBought home with quadrafire stoveBought home with quadrafire stove

House was built and stove installed around 2010 not sure if stove was new at that time period.

I have a few pictures is it worth repair or get a more modern stove

Hello everyone,

I purchased a home with a well used quadrafire. I'm trying to find out if it's repairable or just replace with a newer stove.

There is no model tag or serial number on it, I know the previous owner used it daily but everything I read looks like it's missing parts. (Blanket and the board on the top) and some rust inside. The top seems to have some surface rust and pitting but not enough I would think that would effect use.View attachment 274374View attachment 274375View attachment 274376View attachment 274377View attachment 274378

House was built and stove installed around 2010 not sure if stove was new at that time period.

I have a few pictures is it worth repair or get a more modern stove
That looks pretty badly abused. I think it may need replaced

That's what I was thinking as well just wanted to get a quick opinions before I go look for replacement.

Thanks.

Give the entire vent system a close inspection as well. The connector pipe looks used up. Who knows how the rest looks. If its anything like the stove.... Yikes! Be safe.

Thanks for the reply everyone, I'm going to hire a company for inspection / install. As this is out of my expertise. Let's just see how bad it hurts the wallet.

Normally I would say paint it, replace the brick, and have it inspected, but it appears to be missing a chunk of metal in the back. Chunk it if that is so.

It looks like our QF Step-Top 4300...

Last year we replaced the board/blanket, I think for about 150.

It was worth it to us, after a repaint perhaps you could dress it up with newer brass or polished metal-ware.

It looks like our QF Step-Top 4300...

Last year we replaced the board/blanket, I think for about 150.

It was worth it to us, after a repaint perhaps you could dress it up with newer brass or polished metal-ware.
That won't change the huge chunk of secondary air manifold that is burnt away

Reactions: moresnow
Normally I'd be very pro MacGuyver-ing things and make it work but here really suggest tossing it since it has clear structural issues. Remember that you're bringing fire into your home. Not something to mess with IMO.

You can always bring it outside as an outdoor fireplace.