Blaze King User do you user a steamer?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kwikrp

Feeling the Heat
Hearth Supporter
Oct 21, 2008
SE Mass
I am getting a King Ultra, I am using a steamer now on my old smoke dragon. It is a cast iron tea pot looking steamer. But it looks like it has scratched the top of the stove a bit. I was wondering if you guys use 1 if so what kind? Do you have any wearing of the paint or scratches?

I use something similar to your pot on the deck of my ultra. I haven't noticed any effect on the paint, it is a pretty industrial finish. I was concerned at first that the deck wouldn't be hot enough but that hasn't been an issue.

kwikrp said:
I am getting a King Ultra, I am using a steamer now on my old smoke dragon. It is a cast iron tea pot looking steamer. But it looks like it has scratched the top of the stove a bit. I was wondering if you guys use 1 if so what kind? Do you have any wearing of the paint or scratches?

Th Ultra I bought came with a side mounted factory (removable) swivel iron plate just for steaming water and warming pots....Ive never attached mine(it just clamps on)

Do you have a pic of the iron plate?

I will see if I can scare it up...

Yes, I let my steamer sit on top of a trivet. I find that it doesn't mar the finish on the stove. The water takes longer to evaporate though.

Status
Not open for further replies.