Blaze King sirocco 25 insert

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
The better half didn’t like cord in front idea either but I didn’t want to pay an electrician money to run lines, drill through the chimney, high temp outlet etc. so for me $500 to hide the cord was not an option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was lucky in that regard. My son in law is an electrician.
Once the heat starts coming out of the stove I think most better halves forget about the cord anyway.

I worried about heat down In that area of the insert as we installed in 90 degree weather and had no way to test the stove at that time. I have found the heat isn’t really a big issue in that area but I did shield it with durock and Roxul. I was lucky that my ash dump was in a convenient place to run the electric. I only had to drill one hole through the garage wall.

Hardwiring is permissible if done properly and safely. Code and basic safety requires that the appliance have a service disconnect in the room close to the stove. This can be a simple wall switch.