Blaze King Revisions

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

patrickoneal

Jan 25, 2017
Virginia
I picked up a brand new Blaze King Princess Insert this morning. It was old stock, though I haven't unboxed it yet, so I'm not sure of the exact production date. The manual was printed in 2010, and I see on the Blaze King site there were revisions in 2011, 2013, and 2017 at the least.

Has much changed on these stoves since 2010 for the better or worse? I assume it operates and functions the same as current production?

I would open the box and check the date on the certification label.

I'm sure a BK guru will be along though and let you know if there were any significant changes.

Nothing has changed that I can recall on the PI. I would suspect the unit is much newer than 2010.

Or marshy

Reactions: lsucet
Ya, 2 unhappy people with a unique situation out of thousands and thousands of happy customers.

pi1010a Jan 2017 Canada requires insulated liner USA recommends insulated liner.

My king was five years old when I bought it off the showroom floor six years ago. Nothing had changed then, and I'm pretty sure nothing has changed now. It will be the exact same stove, maybe with revisions to the manual.

I had a 2008 Princess, I don't see much if any differences between what I had and the new ones.

Hey why mess with a successful product. ;)

I unloaded it from the bed of my truck and unboxed it. It's from July of 2011. That might be the reason I got the price I got($2195).

Last edited:
Reactions: rdust
My king was five years old when I bought it off the showroom floor six years ago. Nothing had changed then, and I'm pretty sure nothing has changed now. It will be the exact same stove, maybe with revisions to the manual.

The king got a totally different door latch with non-welded retaining nuts for more adjustment. Also, lets not forget about the lack of numbers on the thermostat. Also, the requirement for 15' of flue. All of these happened just within the last few years.

Not sure about the insert.

Reactions: Patapsco Mike
Blaze King Revisions
This is so simple - contact BK and ask them.
This is so simple - contact BK and ask them.

Last edited by a moderator:
The king got a totally different door latch with non-welded retaining nuts for more adjustment. Also, lets not forget about the lack of numbers on the thermostat. Also, the requirement for 15' of flue. All of these happened just within the last few years.

Not sure about the insert.
You are correct. The door latch and striker would have both been updated since '11.

Thanks for the info. Seems not too much has changed.

As for the insulated liner, I see absolutely no reason not to do it, code or no code. I have no interest in saving a couple hundred dollars now only to regret it later.

I just have to hunt down someone that sells Olympia Hybrid preinsulated liner kits at a great price.

Reactions: Highbeam