Blaze King Princess clearance

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Hotwheels

Feb 18, 2019
Canada
Hi new to this forum.

I recently purchased a blaze king princess ultra and I’m uncertain about the clearances. The manual says 9” from the back of the stove to the wall without a rear shield or blower kit and 6” with a rear shield or blower kit.

I framed in the ceiling mount at 12-1/8” with 6” clearance from the back of the stove to the wall which has drywall on it because that will put me directly between the truss’. I have the side clearance the appropriate amount.

With the 6” clearance I gave will I need a blower kit or could I get a rear shield? Does the rear shield attach to the back of the stove or does a rear shield mean I have to tile the wall or install sheet metal? If there is a rear shield that attaches to the back of the stove do I have to have the 6” clearance from the wall to the rear shield?

Thank you for the advice, much appreciated.

Hi new to this forum.

I recently purchased a blaze king princess ultra and I’m uncertain about the clearances. The manual says 9” from the back of the stove to the wall without a rear shield or blower kit and 6” with a rear shield or blower kit.

I framed in the ceiling mount at 12-1/8” with 6” clearance from the back of the stove to the wall which has drywall on it because that will put me directly between the truss’. I have the side clearance the appropriate amount.

With the 6” clearance I gave will I need a blower kit or could I get a rear shield? Does the rear shield attach to the back of the stove or does a rear shield mean I have to tile the wall or install sheet metal? If there is a rear shield that attaches to the back of the stove do I have to have the 6” clearance from the wall to the rear shield?

Thank you for the advice, much appreciated.
If you're that close, spend the money on the fan kit, you'll thank me later !!

Reactions: lsucet
Get the fans and life will be easy. lol No worries about heat shield on the back wall. As @showrguy mentioned you will be glad you did get them.

If you choose to get the rear heat shield they attach easily. It’s simply 2 small shields that take the place of the blowers, they attach with a few sheet metal screws.

Rear clearance is measured from the thermostat hump. Which is the same with blowers or the optional rear heat shield. My princess is exactly 6" from the face of sheetrock to the thermostat hump and I've been very happy with it. You'll need double wall stove pipe too. Hopefully you've got the awesome all vertical flue system and more than 15' of it measured from the stove top.

Another odd thing about the BK is that there is a minimum clearance spec from stove top to ceiling. It's like 50"? and the ultra is tall, check the manual.

Thanks everyone for your input. I purchased the blower. Waiting for all the snow to melt so I can install this. Hopefully it gets certified!