Blaze King install help

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Madden5116

Jun 27, 2022
Pennsylvania
What does #2 mean? Its says fig. 8 but that shows the handle.

Blaze King install help

Yes, I think you are correct. It's a documentation error. Below is the same instruction for the PE32. Figure 8 shows arrows but not clear for the part being removed. The lighting is poor. That is not a great help. A closer shot + a picture like you show would be much better.

Screen Shot 2022-07-09 at 11.05.29 AM.png

Which stove model are you installing?

New docs. I have the 2019 doc for this stove where the picture is correct. The new docs look like they need a tech review.

So let thing on the top is the seal and on the bottom is the plug?

View attachment 296887
Based on the illustration it appears that the entire plug assembly is removed so that ash will drop into the pedestal base's ash drawer. The photo's lighting doesn't do a good job of showing this.

Blaze King install help
FYI, I don't own this stove, just reading the docs.

Ok moving on to #8. I didnt get a plug in the pedestal box. Just the one installed in the stove. Is that the correct one?
Look inside the stove. There should be a removable plug for the ash hole in the center of the firebox floor.

Look inside the stove. There should be a removable plug for the ash hole in the center of the firebox floor.
I did and thats what's shown in the picture I posted (bottom). But direction #8 says remove that and replace with the one that supposedly came with the pedestal. Nothing came with the pedestal. Im assuming it doesn't require a plug and just remains open?

I did and thats what's shown in the picture I posted (bottom). But direction #8 says remove that and replace with the one that supposedly came with the pedestal. Nothing came with the pedestal. Im assuming it doesn't require a plug and just remains open?
With no plug inside the stove's firebox on the floor air would come in unregulated through the ash hole and turn the stove into a blast furnace.

There must be an ash plug. It should look something like this.

Blaze King install help

Last edited:
Reactions: Madden5116
Yes, that looks like it.

Reactions: Madden5116