Blaze King dimensions

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RustyShackleford

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Jan 6, 2009
NC
Could someone who owns a BK Princess please take a few measurements for me ?

I am wondering what EXACTLY the 29" quoted depth (29.17" in the manual) refers to ?
Is it to the very front of the little shelf below the door ? Is it to the rear of the optional
fans, and if so, how much depth is saved with the fan-less option ? And finally,
what is the distance from the center-line of the flue outlet to the rear of the stove
(with or without fans) ?

Thanks !

RustyShackleford said:
Could someone who owns a BK Princess please take a few measurements for me ?

I am wondering what EXACTLY the 29" quoted depth (29.17" in the manual) refers to ?
Is it to the very front of the little shelf below the door ? Is it to the rear of the optional
fans, and if so, how much depth is saved with the fan-less option ? And finally,
what is the distance from the center-line of the flue outlet to the rear of the stove
(with or without fans) ?

Thanks !

29 1/8" is from the ash lip to the very farthest measurement to the back of stove. Just as you would measure a fish. Nose to tip of tail.
The fan option makes no difference to this dimension as the thermostat and damper module takes up the same space running down the middle. The fan plenums run down both sides, maybe 3/4" more near the bottom part of stove where the dual axial prop fans are mounted.
10 1/2" for your last answer.
Got your PM just before I saw this. Was out fishin last night. :p

Rusty, here is a pick of the back to explain the dimension's for with or without the fans. For 3/4" GET THE FANS!!!!

Attachments

• Blaze King dimensions
    bk dis.jpg
    110.3 KB · Views: 283
Thanks much - and hope the fishing was good !

Not skipping the fans to save space, just don't think I want 'em, and want
to minimize how far the stove sticks out into the room, which is my main
reservation at this point.

With a 6" rear clearance requirement, you won't do much better than this stove in the back. It is a more square stove than many but you want the volume.

Highbeam said:
With a 6" rear clearance requirement, you won't do much better than this stove in the back ...

I am putting against a masonry wall (cinderblocks filled with mortar, covered with stucco)
on a brick floor - so clearances are not an issue for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.