Blank wall control

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Tbird65

Jan 28, 2017
Vermont
Hello,

I have a Mt. Vernon Quadra-Fire AE pellet stove. I unplugged the stove to clean it without setting it to off on the wall control. When I plugged the stove back in, I noticed the plug arc to the outlet. My girlfriend told me that the wall control turned blue then went blank. Now she says she doesn't recall it turning blue, but is definitely still blank. I checked the fuse in the power supply assembly and both fuses in the control board assembly. They all showed continuity and seemed fine. The control board has a flashing red light. Any thoughts on what the issue might be and how I could fix it?

Thanks!
Travis

SCREEN GOES BLANK Static discharge or nearby lightning or Electric fast transients at the input mains Wait 25 seconds and press any key to refresh the screen.

From page 27 of your manual I believe.

SCREEN GOES BLANK Static discharge or nearby lightning or Electric fast transients at the input mains Wait 25 seconds and press any key to refresh the screen.

From page 27 of your manual I believe.

Thank you for the response. The screen does not refresh with a key press. -Thanks, Travis.

Try gently lifing up on the tstat wires, where they connect to stove. Remove wall control cover and try gently pushing on the computer ribbon. Try unplugging stove, and plugging back in. kap

It's been a couple of years since this thread. But I have exactly this same problem.

MT Vernon AE stove was unplugged from wall while running. When we plugged it back in
the stove was "dead". Thermostat blank. I checked the red/green wires
which are supposed to be 3.3v. It's 0v both at the thermostat and in the stove.
The power supply is providing 120vac and 14vdc to the controller properly. The
Control board isn't powering the thermostat?

Did you ever get a "real" solution to your original problem?

What I have tried:
- cleaning
- re connection of wires to thermostat
- new control board ($$$)
- getting ready to order new power supply unit ($$)
- new snap disc 3
- new burn pot thermo

None of these has fixed the issue.

Tony Vezza

Have you actually checked for power to the stove? Checked for power in cord? There are fuses that can blow, both in control board and power supply that would cause this too. I have never heard of a stove acting up, just by plugging it back in. kap

I checked power at the outputs of the power module.
ac => 120v (two wire harness)
dc => 15v (two wire harness)

so power is coming in from mains.

I measured these with the harness disconnected from control board and connected
to control board (under load). When under load the dc drops to 4-5v. So maybe the
power unit is unable to drive the load. Disconnected from controller, unloaded the
voltages are correct.

Also, what if the stove was doing an auto clean cycle when disconnected from power mains.
Is the controller smart enougn to process a partially completed cleaning cycle when power
is restored?