BB has a new stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you taking the legs and ash pan off that dude or is your fireplace big enough to shove one of those big boys half way in still fully appointed?

I'd ask for pictures but I remember what happened last time you used Fred Flintstone's camera. Maybe you could get your wife to take some with one of those new-fangled, throw-away jobs from the drug store.

Mo alive and well ? Wait to you hear this. VC is going to throw the winter warm mold in the ash can and start with a whole new insert for fall 2007
Dale admitted that I twisted VC arms enough that they finally listened. It seems that VC monitors Hearth.com If you were in the stove businbess and a million visiters come here,
time to listen and start producing and addressing concerns.

Mo Heat said:
Are you taking the legs and ash pan off that dude or is your fireplace big enough to shove one of those big boys half way in still fully appointed?

I'd ask for pictures but I remember what happened last time you used Fred Flintstone's camera. Maybe you could get your wife to take some with one of those new-fangled, throw-away jobs from the drug store.

"Ah tis better to have owned a digital camera and screwed up a pic than to never have owned one at all."

https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewthread/3672/

The new one will just fit the fireplace, with all appendiges intact.

elkimmeg said:
Mo alive and well ? Wait to you hear this. VC is going to throw the winter warm mold in the ash can and start with a whole new insert for fall 2007
Dale admitted that I twisted VC arms enough that they finally listened. It seems that VC monitors Hearth.com If you were in the stove businbess and a million visiters come here,
time to listen and start producing and addressing concerns.

Elk, Hmmm. That's interesting. I don't criticize VC or the WWL because Dale and VC have both treated me well. So did my dealer. When I reported my problem they were responsive and I am a satisfied customer. I wouldn't hesitate to buy another VC product or buy it from the same dealer, even though they are nearly an hour's drive from me (Troy, MO) and there are other stores closer. Still, when I saw the photos of that dude's (I forgot who it was) WWL looking like a Salvador Dali painting, it gave me pause to reflect. The WWL is not for everyone, but for some (like me) its combination of heating capacity and artistic appearance is hard to beat.

The WWL is so beautiful (IMO) with its delicate lattice cast iron pillars that I will keep right on firing mine. Only, I've never had the ca hones to load it to the gills and try to damper down for a full length burn with me somewhere else in the house, even though I'm probably just paranoid. It might work, but I've never really needed to find out. It isn't a big sacrifice due to the way I burn anyway. I am always sitting right next to it and throw in just enough wood to get the job done. Actually save a lot of wood this way IMO, but it's hard to recommend the WWL to a serious wood heating type. It's just too leaky (air), even after I plugged many of the unintentional air holes.

I hope VC can retain some of the visual appeal of the WWL as well as the ash pan, which is somewhat rare these days with fireplace inserts.

Hey Dale, if you need someone to test drive one of the WWL replacement stoves, I may be your man, depending on exactly what type of stove it is anyway. Elk, you got any idea what this new stove looks like, is it a CAT, any other info? I've got an extra mansonry fireplace just itching for a new insert and as a former systems analyst, I write a pretty detailed review, too. Finally got me a good camera for some descent photos as well (eat your heart out BB).

Well, I just checked FedEx Freight tracking and the new burner is an hour and a half away from the terminal here. Pick it up tomorrow.

It has travelled 3,582 miles to be picked up tomorrow 146 miles from where it was made. Way to go ACE, Home Depot and Lowes. Two hours ago it rolled right by the factory.

<Shaking my head ruefully>

But hat's off to Sutherland Lumber Company. They know how to get it done. Now, if it just isn't banged up.... Heat this weekend!!

Corie said:
I'm excited to see pics!!!

It won't be as nice looking as your new one Corie. And writing a check just can't gen up the pride in me that building your own did for you. That was one hell of an accomplishment.

FIRE IT UP !

O' oops , Getting a head of myself , ya dont have it yet .
I'll save it the "FIRE IT UP !" for tomorrow , ( or the next day )
Sense your getting a new stove ......that means it going to be in the 70°-80° there for the next few days. :lol:

Roospike said:
And whats with your Avatar stubby ?

It it just me ?

Since I am going to be in the barrel stove league, thought I oughta have a proper aviatar. Couldn't find a red barrel.

BrotherBart said:
Roospike said:

It it just me ?

Since I am going to be in the barrel stove league, thought I oughta have a proper aviatar. Couldn't find a red barrel.

"barrel stove league" Your just down right nuts BB !
But youz still D'Man in my book.

Roospike said:
BrotherBart said:
Roospike said:

It it just me ?

"barrel stove league" Your just down right nuts BB !
But youz still D'Man in my book.

Gettin me one a them cheap ass steel stoves. West Virginia soapstone. Lots of them $9.99 smoke detectors at Wal-Mart. Tying the dog up at night. Taking the plastic slip covers off the couch in the stove room. The ones with the Dolly Parton pitures on'em.

BrotherBart said:
Roospike said:

It it just me ?

Who hoo, barrel party night in VA.

Attachments

• BB has a new stove
    fire_barrel.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 222
"Burn hot. Burn clean."

Status
Not open for further replies.