Auger not working help please

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Ktogesen

Oct 22, 2019
Washington
I have a pleasant hearth ph50cabps that was installed last year and has not had a ton of use until recently. Everything has been working until yesterday the auger stopped turning. Emptied hopper took off auger plate looking for a jam didn't see one but cleaned it out. Checked the vacuum switch and hose both seem fine. I put a small amount of pellets in and the auger motor started and the auger was working properly so I let it run for 10 minutes before shutting it down. I put the auger plate back on filled it half way with pellets and now it won't feed again! Any thoughts?

when the auger turns do you hear any clicking sounds from it? removing the auger motor and using an old lamp cord wire it up direct and plug into the outlet. try holding the main shaft and see if you can stop it at any point. it may have a bad gear or just a bad motor (weak)

Last edited:
What do you mean by “checking the vacuum switch”?
Don’t you know how to do that? You just stick your head in behind the stove and say, “we good?” and if the reply comes back, “sal good” you know you’ve got vacuum. You could also stick a multimeter on your vs leads to check for continuity or stick a manometer on your vacuum line. Or bypass it temporarily to see if it runs and blow out your vacuum line blowing away from the vs into the stove.

Reactions: JRemington