auger jamming

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jamobi

Hearth Supporter
Jan 10, 2009
Connecticut
Hello all,
I've been a lurker on here for some time and wanted to thank everyone for the invaluable info that I've received while reading this forum. I have a pel-pro bay window style pellet stove that's been a heating workehorse since the cold weather and have had zero complaints so far. I've burned about 3/4 ton of Ozark Hardwood pellets without a glitch since November. The issue is that I've recently switched over to Cleanfire premium pellets, which is jamming the auger shaft. I don't know if the pellets are too hard or what the issue could be but if the pellet is larger than the auger shaft, instead of just breaking up and moving along the auger shaft and into the auger sleeve, the pellet will stay intact and jamm against the auger and the sleeve. This effectivelly shuts down the stove. It's happened a few times now and doesn't happen with the OHP. If anyone has a solution to this problem that would be great. Stay warm all and have a great new year.
Steve

You could try mixing the Cleanfire with the Ozarks if you have any left. That's what I've been doing with my bad Penningtons (long pellets) from last year. I've been mixing it 50/50 with Pennwoods that I purchased this year with no problems other than a ton of ash it produces.

Oh yea...welcome to the forum!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.