Are us stoves & country hearth the same ?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
  • Super Cedar firestarters 30% discount Use code Hearth2024 Click here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack Fate

Feeling the Heat
Jan 17, 2013
Northwest Ohio
Ran across a deal on a country hearth Magnolia wood stove . When searching for this I get U S stove 2015 .The stoves seem to be the same to me .Anyone know for sure ? It's less than 1/2 of list price .Not the stove I've been looking for but it is the right size .Also seems well made & not butt ugly

Cheers

I believe Country Hearth is a brand of the US Stove company. I saw a smokin deal at TSC last month for the 2015 at 459.00 close out special. If I were in the market for that style I gotta believe the 2015 is close enough to the Englander in form and function to gamble on a price like that.

Yep. U.S. Stove makes and or imports the Country Hearth line.

Ran across a deal on a country hearth Magnolia wood stove . When searching for this I get U S stove 2015 .The stoves seem to be the same to me .Anyone know for sure ? It's less than 1/2 of list price .Not the stove I've been looking for but it is the right size .Also seems well made & not butt ugly

Cheers
See my sig.

The stove is a great stove when fed good fuel throws some massive heat holds coals for a long time.

See my sig.

The stove is a great stove when fed good fuel throws some massive heat holds coals for a long time.

Got any more thoughts ,Fan noisy ? If someone doesn't buy it soon I'll be scrapping the cat stove for a while
question : this stove lacks any kind of by pass /secondary door ?

this is why the reports of smoke in house when refueling ?

Got any more thoughts ,Fan noisy ? If someone doesn't buy it soon I'll be scrapping the cat stove for a while
question : this stove lacks any kind of by pass /secondary door ?

this is why the reports of smoke in house when refueling ?
Yeah the blower is noisy.

It has no bypass i get a little smoke out the door if the fire is real low but the good things out waigh the bad things i think.

One thing i will tell you it will run away if you are not careful about the air control.

i have one and it will get hot if you are not careful. I have no problems with the fan, just can hear it on high. The only thing I don't like on the one I got is the short burn time, holds coals for a long time. 5 hours burn time with burn down of coals. But other than that it heats our whole house real well. Stove room about 90, living room 76, bedroom 72, kitchen 72. House is square but cut up to beat the band.

Status
Not open for further replies.