Are pellet stove pipes interchangable?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

TechBill

Feb 18, 2019
Springfield
I was surfing online looking to buy a 8" chimney nimble to 3" pellet stove pipe adapter to connect my pellet stove to the existing chimney and I learned that there are different brands of pellet stove pipes manufactured.

So far, I found those brands available online,
DuraVent
Selkirk
Champion

Are those brands interchangeable or I must buy it all from one same brand?

Thank you

As far as I know they are not interchangeable Each pipe manufacturer
has there on connecting system Find one you like a stick with it that
way you will not run into problems

As far as I know they are not interchangeable Each pipe manufacturer
has there on connecting system Find one you like a stick with it that
way you will not run into problems

Thank you for the head up. Is there a brand I should stick with? I checked with Menards and it seem they carry mostly Selkirk brand.

The pipe that was given to me when I purchased the used pellet stove had a label "Homologue" but I couldn't find anything about it online so I will probably have to buy all new pipe sets for my pellet stove.

My Buddy has his hooked up to his Woodstove chimney and his stove just doesn't work right, I am assuming it is how his is vented, I would be curious how yours works if you vent it the same.

I use Duravent it is a twist lock I then tape all joints with metal tape
so they do not leak . If the pipe is inside up them out or through the
roof I paint with black stove paint . It looks good