anybody ever try leaf logs?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mass_burner

Minister of Fire
Sep 24, 2013
SE Mass
seems like a no-brainer, if they work.

No, but I have tried leap frogs. baddum bump ;-)

Can you provide a link to the product?

http://leaflog.com/
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reminds me of the newspaper logs which are not great in a wood stove. The leaf logs look like they lack density and they use a glue which is unknown. I suspect they would create a lot of ash, but who knows? Also, they didn't show them burning or discuss their btu content. Maybe contact the inventor for some samples?

do folks who have those outdoor buring units shovel shreaded leaves into them? i shread my leaves up with my lawn tractor and use use it for mulch around tree bases and in next years planting beds.

do folks who have those outdoor buring units shovel shreaded leaves into them? i shread my leaves up with my lawn tractor and use use it for mulch around tree bases and in next years planting beds.
My personal opinion is that if you have a garden and fruit trees, mulch or compost is the best use for leaves. That's what we do. A bunch of loose dry leaves will burn but very quickly and not a lot of BTU's

Sounds like a smokey mess to me.
I never saw a pile of burning leaves that didn't smoke like crazy.

Reactions: Sprinter
Sounds like a smokey mess to me.
I never saw a pile of burning leaves that didn't smoke like crazy.
Must be because the pile wasn't SEASONED enough yet.:p;lol

Seems like they would not only smoke but burn quick unless you had a way to really get a tight compression.

I burn leaf logs all the time -- the key is to use only the ones that are at least an inch or two in diameter, before they've branched up into those flat, soggy structures.

I hope the guy makes millions. Theres a ton of useless inventions out there to make yardwork easier. Ive bought into quite a few of them.
And Im not sure how I feel about this one.
Its against the law in NY to burn leaves.

I burn leaf logs all the time -- the key is to use only the ones that are at least an inch or two in diameter, before they've branched up into those flat, soggy structures.
Your sarcasm is appreciated.;lol

Sounds like a bunch of work for limited return.

maybe the right process hasn't been invented yet. what did we do with all that saw dust before pressed logs came out?

I can hear my wife now. "You mean you have to "season" all the leaves now for 3 years too?"o_O

I can hear my wife now. "You mean you have to "season" all the leaves now for 3 years too?"o_O

Just the Oak leaves. You can burn Ash leaves after one year. >>

Just the Oak leaves. You can burn Ash leaves after one year. >>
Correct, but remember, NEVER burn pine leaves,,,they create too much creosote.

( I mean pine needles:cool:)

I got about 4 cord of leaves for free, you must pick up

Reactions: lazeedan
Status
Not open for further replies.