another honey do project completed

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

steeltowninwv

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Nov 16, 2010
west virginia
deck had a bad spot in it...few joist were rotten and the deck was getting unsafe in this corner.....so i tore it up with intentions on replacing joists and boards...well after i got it tore up...wife says hold on...well she had a vision...and this is how the vision turned out.......almost complete have to get one more trim board then stain the new boards....

another honey do project completed

Very nice! Make sure that your plants/mulch etc are insulated from the deck, or you could cause more wood issues there.

Don't let my wife see this- I got too much to do already!

Reactions: Eatonpcat
My advice (to any of the young men listening) is to NOT get good at these things. My friend who can't even swing a hammer has a much better social life than I do.

adios its completely boxed in under there with treated lumber so...the box may rot after many years...but the deck should be safe..this deck might have 2 more years of life left anyways

I like it. Some aquatic plants in the tub would look good too. I grew up having fiberglass fishponds in the yard which were cool.

nice job on the transformation! And it's the same way here at our house, wife always has visions and I get to fulfill them for her.....lol. Like BTUser said, if you shy away from learning how to do all these chores, you'll have more free time!

Reactions: Eatonpcat
Very nice.
Good job. Some one has a "Green thumb" !
A few gold fish?

thanks guys..wife actually helps me on these projects..and when i say help she really helps..not supervise.....aquatic plats and goldfish are to come...just letting the pond settle in first

Status
Not open for further replies.