Another good guy from Hudson Valley Hearthnet

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wg_bent

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Nov 19, 2005
Poughkeepsie, NY
Today, I had the privledge of meeting another forum member. Kevin and I spent about an hour swapping experiences talking about wood and hanging by the wood pile. I think Kevin has me convinced that I need a wood grenade.

I have to say...It's quite amazing how much wood a Dodge Neon can hold!!! Of course it was practically balsa wood, so not much weight. I hope the pine gets the Morso good and hot tonight...

Thanks for stopping by today Kevin. It was great meeting you.

I met a hearth.com member last weekend. I gave him a new Jotul gas stove. He gave me a check.

hearth.com rocks.

Of course I met an eBay member this morning that gave me two hundred bucks more than the heart.com member.

eBay rocks.

Hudson Valley Hearthnet, I like that Warren! If Craig didn't mind, I think it would be cool to do up some T shirts, I think theres quite a few of us on here, Millbrook, Poughkeepsie, Hyde Park, thought I saw Woodstock, Wallkill, But your Avatar would take the cake for ther LOGO!

Does Shokan count? Technically we're in the Catskills but we consider ourselves a part of the Mid-Hudson Valley. Just west of Kingston.

Kevin - was that the Kevin I met in my store a few weeks ago? I'm afraid I was distracted by work that day and didn't get to spend time chatting, like Warren. Sorry Kevin. I think it would be great to have a little HV HearthNet meeting at my store. We can have some coffee and talk wood stoves. After hours, of course, so I'm not so distracted. There must be at least 6 or 7 of us within easy driving distance of Shokan. Heck, we may even let a few of you Massachusetts types come over.

Does Shokan count?
Sure does, Shokan Reservoir is where my buddy keeps his boat and fishes, its where my wife use to drive to pick up a student in Ashokan , and Phoneicia every day to bring to Kingston schools.

Heck, we may even let a few of you Massachusetts types come over.

I guess thanks for the off handed invite. Some of us will be too busy installing the VC stoves part of the donor program.
Thats right, a Large Dutchwest, Encore ,and a DW2500 insert ,I will be picking up a local freight terminal; this week.

Without too much fanfare the donnor program will be launched and established. When I get the stoves and exact details I will post the installation dates.
All will be a walk in the park compared to yesterday's installation One is a direct replacement for an aging defiant Encore the only differculty is the physical moving.
Out of this I may rehab the existing defiant encore and give it to another need recipiant Depends on who helps I know If Corie decidedss to venture this far he could end with the removed Encore. Should Dylan decide to assist, he could go home witha prime canidate to replace his Villigant. Or plan C I keep it and rehab it and give it to a needy familly.

I hope to enlist one of our Video experts from CT, to record it all, to share will all of hearth.com

I too yesterday, met two of our members GVA and turner-n-burner, great guys

I have to say that right about now, I would love to see a video on rebulding a Defiant Encore! :)

Warren said:
Today, I had the privledge of meeting another forum member. Kevin and I spent about an hour swapping experiences talking about wood and hanging by the wood pile. I think Kevin has me convinced that I need a wood grenade.

I have to say...It's quite amazing how much wood a Dodge Neon can hold!!! Of course it was practically balsa wood, so not much weight. I hope the pine gets the Morso good and hot tonight...

Just found this after sending you a note. Thanks again. It was great meeting you. Thanks for kind words.

I'm still think about how to take down that massive oak you have in your backyard....

See you again soon.

Kevin

seaken said:
Does Shokan count? Technically we're in the Catskills but we consider ourselves a part of the Mid-Hudson Valley. Just west of Kingston.

Kevin - was that the Kevin I met in my store a few weeks ago? I'm afraid I was distracted by work that day and didn't get to spend time chatting, like Warren. Sorry Kevin. I think it would be great to have a little HV HearthNet meeting at my store. We can have some coffee and talk wood stoves. After hours, of course, so I'm not so distracted. There must be at least 6 or 7 of us within easy driving distance of Shokan. Heck, we may even let a few of you Massachusetts types come over.

Yup same Kevin. No problem Sean. You've got a great store with some quality products. I'll be keeping you in mind for future hearth needs. I imagine things have been quite busy. Everytime I go past Ashleigh's, they have 5 or more cars in the lot. Heck they even have an infomercial running on the local cablevision channel.

If you ever find that you are overfiring your stove and discover a part glowing, what should you do?

Close off the air? Remove flaming wood?

Beacon, NY here and well within driving distance to Shokan. I am fairly new to wood heat and would LOVE to pick the brains of a few more experienced woodburners. I an very chainsaw savy and would be glad to share what I know.

Kevin said:
If you ever find that you are overfiring your stove and discover a part glowing, what should you do?

Close off the air? Remove flaming wood?

He He He...Kevin loaded a bunch of that fatwood pine at 11:00pm "oh shucks" or somethign like that... sooo different than a chunk of elm or cherry!!

Kevin said:
Warren said:

Just found this after sending you a note. Thanks again. It was great meeting you. Thanks for kind words.

I'm still think about how to take down that massive oak you have in your backyard....

See you again soon.

Kevin

Yeah, I think about that darned oak every day. We'll make it the subject of the hearthnet meeting. How to get that tree down with out hiring someone, killing someone or dropping it on my pool :)

Ok do we need to play the upstate down state thing? I'm in albany would like to meet with some other wood burners. Jim

jrandall said:
Ok do we need to play the upstate down state thing? I'm in albany would like to meet with some other wood burners. Jim

I'm in upstate!!!!!!

HI, guys,

More upstate here: Rome, NY. Between Syracuse and Albany. Great area, lots of wood.

And remember, the master of all woodburners lives here: Eric!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 20 full cords a year!!!!

I met him a few times: great guy.

Carpniels

Newtofire said:
Cortlandt Manor NY here. Thats kinda Hudson valley too, no? :)

HEY WHAT ABOUT VALLEY COTTAGE NY. I MOST BE TO LOW IN THE STATE

Now remember all, HearthNet is no more - it's Hearth.com!

I'll be working on cast metal plate with logos (and maybe other stuff) as my foundry skills progress. What I really need is someone who is good with carving that can transfer my logo onto a wooden plate so I can cast it!

As it is, I will try to print one out, use a x-acto knife and transfer to wood. Then the fun begins - I'm not too steady with a router or dremel. One slip and that's it.

Chester, NY in da house..........However, it's pellets for me :( Does that preclude me from getting in on the hearthnet.com? Would it help to say I like :beer: ;)

Russ

Milford,PA

Close enough to the Hudson valley.

Warren, I'm still waiting for you brotherman. I'm home from DEC 16th to the 17th of januaru.

Now remember all, HearthNet is no more - it’s Hearth.com!

Dot Com. hmmm isn't she the cleaning lady?

Hudson vally hearth dot com

works for me! Yes when I got lost off of I-84 I ended up in PA Corie, was going to the Port Jersey or something. , turned around and ended up in Jersey!!!! Tri stated in less than 15 minutes that day!!!!!!! Welcome aboard all the new HUDSON VALLEY HEARTH DOT COMMERS

Status
Not open for further replies.