Amazon Prime forcing sales of Fire TV?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Psst... begreen... analogies are supposed to be simpler than the subject they are being used to describe!
Choosing between streaming options is anything but simple. I find household power management much simpler.
The closest silver screen is two hours away, so we usually just stay home. We have a great local beer and wine store, so I'd rather shop there and just stay home. I feel like we as consumers should be paid to watch TV with the insane amount of ads. Even streaming has ads creeping in .
We are a small community that pitched in to save the theater and buy it a digital projector system. They keep prices more reasonable compared to the cineplexes and show more interesting pictures. It's good to support them, they have families to raise that go to our schools and they employ locals. I don't mind going there if it is a movie best experienced on the big screen. We have a nice home theater in our small living room too, but some movies are better to experience on the bigger screen, with friends and neighbors. Same thing for going out to eat. It's an easier choice for us, the theater is only about 7 miles away.

I'm totally with you on the ads, don't like em at all, but that's what the mute button is for. Fortunately, it doesn't get used much these days except during the local news. We haven't watched commercial tv since the 1990s.

Last edited:
Reactions: SpaceBus