All done for this year

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

BigJ273

Minister of Fire
Feb 15, 2015
Maryland
Cleaned the chimney and stove yesterday. That’s a wrap for this year. Second time I’ve cleaned this year, barely had anything. Probably gonna move to once a year cleaning next year.

On a side note, I did notice the part of my liner from the stove to the insulation had a blue/purple tinge to it. The appliance adaptor has a few spots of blue/purple towards the front of it also. I know I’ve asked this before, but I guess I just need some reassurance that this is ok? Everything feels solid. I’ve posted some pics.

All done for this year All done for this year All done for this year

Was 65* in house this morning and 39* outside. Took some scraps and built a small fire to take the chill off. Temps rebounding the 70s today. Enjoying a cool Easter morning and most likely the last fire until Fall.

We are stuck in a LaNina pattern. It's 45º outside now and that is about as warm as it's predicted to get today. Tonight's temp is supposed to drop down close to freezing. Biomass is oxidizing rapidly in the T6 right now.

• Haha
Reactions: Tjm