911 pdv died HELP

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
If the shoe fits wear it ,HAPPY NEW YEAR .
Easy guys I’m just taking it all in a applying what pertains to my stove . But all comments are welcome. I just fired back up after a complete tear down and clean with a leaf blower attached and running the whole time. I used wire fishes to scratch around in the exchanger and all the crevasses. Pulled both augers and inspected and reassembled switching the top and bottom motors. Pulled the blowers out and cleaned. Exhaust was clean because I just did it last week but the convection was pretty bad so I blew it out with compressor and reinstalled. Jump out all the vacuum switching and the hopper lid switch just to be sure. Also did a control board reset back to D so I’m back to factory settings. Closed up the hopper feed to half and fired up the stove. That was 30 min ago and counting. So far so good running on 8-9 and the convection blower sounds like it moving much more air . Time will tell . Fingers crossed

UPDATE . Think I got it. Had it running for an hour after start up on 8-9 with no issues. So I shut it down and switched the mode back to C and fired back up to 8-9 and it stayed running with no issues. So I decided to push it and cranked it to 9-9 and it’s been running there all afternoon with no issues so far and burning great. Thanks for all the help guys.

Sweet!! :p:p:p

Absolutely!!
I am pretty sure it was the convection blower not moving enough air thru the exchanger making it over heat. Funny how the rpm’s slowing down sneak up on you . It will now be on my regular Maitance

I did the same thing today with my son’s whitfield. He called this morning while we were getting into yours. So i went and tore his down cleaned everything lubed and put it all together. Ended up doing my lopi i loaned him too. All on 2 cups of coffee and a burgerking double cheeseburger just got home.

I did the same thing today with my son’s whitfield. He called this morning while we were getting into yours. So i went and tore his down cleaned everything lubed and put it all together. Ended up doing my lopi i loaned him too. All on 2 cups of coffee and a burgerking double cheeseburger just got home.
You were a busy guy . Thanks again and Happy New Year