911 pdv died HELP

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Pellet rick

Minister of Fire
Nov 25, 2015
Pottstown PA.
i posted earlier about setting 8 shutting the stove done. Then I thought I figured I out with lack of pellets. I was wrong. The top auger stops after about 15-20 minuets of running for about 5 minutes then starts back up on its own but by then the fire is out. While it was not working I switched the bottom motor wires to the top and the motor worked. Any ideas where to start looking? Over temp Spenser? Control board? This is my only heat guys I need to fix this fast

Try jumping the vacuum switch; you might be losing vacuum due to a clogged stove or venting, or a bad combustion fan motor.

Vacuum switch - has a small hose attached to it.

I don’t know where it is on your stove. Look for the hose going to it and probably just two wires which you will jumper.

I don’t know where it is on your stove. Look for the hose going to it and probably just two wires which you will jumper.
I have 2 vacuum switches. One going to the blower and one to the fire box for the door seal

I’d jumper both to see if that’s the problem, and go from there.

Correct. Be careful - unplug first, and make sure that the wires don’t short to anything.

Anything else it could be? I know the stove is do for a cleaning but it’s never acted like this before when it was dirty.

The vac switch on the control board side is in series with your upper auger. The vac switch on the opposite side is in series with you combustion blower. Is the vac port clear no ash in it?

How did you make out Rick?

How did you make out Rick?
Had to put a space heater in for the night since the wifey said we had to go out for New Years . . I turn it down to 6 last night and it would run for about 20-30 min max and the top auger would stop feeding. Then just as the coals in the pot were about to go out the auger would start feeding again. Ran like that all night. I expect it to be out in the morning but it was lit when I got up. Plan this morning is to shut down and to clean deep including the room blower which I noticed last night had a lot of dust in the screen. Also going to jump the switches as you suggested. Question?? If there is spot in the heat exchanger where the heat sender attaches will that cause these issues? Also I opened my hopper plate up all the way , I wonder if that actually hurt the issue. By the way thanks for the help

Just a thought here but? What if I unattached the overheat sender from the back of the burn chamber? Will the stove function? I’m sure it’s not overheating but I think that it is thinking it is.

It sounds like something is failing as it gets warm. I just rebuilt the board in my pdvc. It would run everything normally except the upper auger i ended up replacing the prom chip on the board and 1 triac and the optioisolator that triggers it. But it was a missused stove when i got it ($50) and no history other than caked ash everywhere. I would start with your clean out then take both augers and clean them and lube then bench test, clean both blowers and lube and bench test. And start diagnostics on the switches. If they all seam to be operating normally i would start tracing the power from the board

Reactions: FirepotPete
It sounds like something is failing as it gets warm. I just rebuilt the board in my pdvc. It would run everything normally except the upper auger i ended up replacing the prom chip on the board and 1 triac and the optioisolator that triggers it. But it was a missused stove when i got it ($50) and no history other than caked ash everywhere. I would start with your clean out then take both augers and clean them and lube then bench test, clean both blowers and lube and bench test. And start diagnostics on the switches. If they all seam to be operating normally i would start tracing the power from the board
How was yours acting when the board was bad?

Upper auger did not work at all. And i built a bench wire harness with no safety swtches. Thats how i traced it to the board. But mine was not needed to heat my house. So i wasnt pressed for time

The overtemp sensor usually has to be manually reset with a small button on it.

Not sure - should be in the manual.

911 pdv died HELP
Overtemp will kill power to the entire stove. pdv and pdvc do not have snap disc's they use a thermal sensor and its monitored on the control board. Rick that also could be your problem if the sensor is failing it will shut off upper auger.

The overtemp sensor usually has to be manually reset with a small button on it.
If you don't have the type stove the persons are asking about ,please refrain from comments on what to do. You are just causing more problems .