7 inches by 9:30 10 to 15 more coming.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
  • Super Cedar firestarters 30% discount Use code Hearth2024 Click here
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's wild out there. I've got snow drifts up to my chest going up to the pole shed where my atv is located.
It's not going to be much good to me. I plowed out the level part on top, but there is no way I can push
down to the bottom of the hill without getting stuck. The snow is way above the blade, and it's a steep hill.

The neighbor came down with his four wheel drive pick-up and plow. He got stuck. His wife came down
with the jeep to pull him out. She almost got stuck and put him in deeper. All the neighbors shoveled
around both vehicles' wheels, and she managed to break him free. Except for the steep part of the hill
to my atv, we're finally getting cleaned out. This one will be remembered for awhile. The drifts look
like ocean waves. There are bare spots next to six foot drifts.

Well its finally done here probally ended up with 24-26 inches but its hard to tell for sure with all the wind we had. No i dont have a plow for my 4 wheeler heard from alot of people that its to hard on em so i passed. when the roads get decient ill go to work and get the skid steer to clean it off. Never lost power so thats good. But i hear there are plenty of docks on the lake that are damaged or sunk or flipped. So far so good for us though.

Hope you can get some pictures for us. Sunny and nice here. No snow other than in the mountains. Daffodils are getting ready to bloom.

Adios Pantalones said:
Onion News Network Winter Weather Safety Tips
(broken link removed to http://www.theonion.com/articles/onion-news-network-winter-weather-safety-tips,18955/)
January 28, 2011

We urge all idiots to take caution during this snow emergency and keep in mind the follow tips:

* Snow is cold
* Avoid walking, running, or driving into trees
* A garbage bag does not make a "great coat"
* Keep icicles out of eyes
* Go outside only if supervised by a non-idiot
* Do not eat de-icing salt
* Do not start fires indoors
* If you urinate on self, change pants immediately

I love these . . . might have to cut and paste these.

Status
Not open for further replies.