7 inches by 9:30 10 to 15 more coming.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
  • Super Cedar firestarters 30% discount Use code Hearth2024 Click here
Status
Not open for further replies.

ttopmustanggt88

Hearth Supporter
Dec 8, 2007
central mo
This is crazy. We are under a blizzard warning right now. Blizzard in central Missouri come on. But so far we have 7 inches on the ground there calling for up to 28 inches total by Wednesday morning. All I can say is i hope we don't loose power. Ive got a small generator and some extra gas but its a pita. I have never seen snow like this in mid Missouri in my life but im only 28 years old. Anyone from Mo ever seen something like this before? Just gotta keep the fire fed.

Thats what is heading our way. good luck and stay warm.

We are only getting a measly 15 - 20....

But we have 25 on the ground from the last 4 storms already.

Good luck.

I am looking at about 20 inches all together by tomorrow. I have a couple of drifts in the driveway to clear and I have to drag out the siege machine snow blower to make ready. No big deal, but I did reschedule my appointments for the day and stayed home.

I officially froze to death in Feb. 1979 on a business trip to St. Louis.

I would rather have all that snow then the 1/4 ice we got last night. Getting more this afternoon. :(

well we got about a half inch of ice before the snow so its there just buried under the snow. We are not leaving the house for awhile, they are not capable of handling this amount of snow around here and were in a rural area to start with so were not high priority.

I WANT some of this snow and all we're getting is rain and it's 36 here. Boooo!!!

Hunker down, stay off the roads if you can, watch it on TV.
Stay warm. Keep us posted with some pics if you can.

28°f here, light snow.

I want none of this crap. Woke to a 1/4" of ice on car and much more this evening into the night. If it keeps this up I will find out how gravity heat will work on the woodfurnace. I want spring.

I'm not tired of burning wood, but I am getting tired of snow. We're getting hammered with two storms in a
row. Everything is closing, including the University of Wisconsin, which never closes. I'm trying
to keep the 300 foot driveway cleared but high winds keep drifting it over. Time to sit down with Tom
and Jerry at the wood stove.

We are expereinceing the calm between the storms right now. Just waiting for the skys to unload in the middle of the night.

Luckily they closed work for tomorrow already and I can spend a nice day at home remoting into our network.

You know the end is near when Canada officially has better weather than Southern US. I am seeing Floridian coming up here in the winter to get a tan!

nola mike said:
So jealous. We've had I think 2" this year. Snow has been east, west, north and south of us. Sigh.

I'm with you... If we could take everyone's snow we would.....

Wait I sec..... I seem to recall all that shoveling last year, maybe we'll take some.

Here are few pics of our snow this was at 3pm today and it was still coming down hard and still is at this moment. Never seen anything like it in southern Missouri.[youtube]www.youtube.com/watch?v=AttKd8LmYeA[/youtube]

Attachments

• [Hearth.com] 7 inches by 9:30 10 to 15 more coming.
    feb 1 2011 super storm 007 (640x480).webp
    33.3 KB · Views: 310
  • [Hearth.com] 7 inches by 9:30 10 to 15 more coming.
    feb 1 2011 super storm 031 (640x480).webp
    9 KB · Views: 302
Crazy serious snow storm. Miami, OK recorded 5" of snowfall in 90 minutes! Be safe folks, this is not your ordinary snow storm. Treat it with respect.

ttopmustanggt88 said:
Here are few pics of our snow this was at 3pm today and it was still coming down hard and still is at this moment. Never seen anything like it in southern Missouri.

Looks like the wind is blowing too. Do you have an ATV plow?
When I get big snow here, I have to go across the driveway, back & forth to get it cleared.

I haven't needed chains yet but a few times it was close, 60" ATV blade.

Still snowing? going to be a record??

Have fun.

Here's a great shot from space of the storm developing. It's huge. (broken link removed to http://www.wired.com/wiredscience/2011/02/space-winter-storm/)
"It’s the latest in a string of storms fitting a pattern predicted by climate scientists. Rising temperatures allow air to hold more moisture, loading storm systems with precipitation that’s ultimately dumped back on Earth."
And from another NASA satellite: (broken link removed to http://www.nasa.gov/images/content/514079main_IMAGE_3-ModisLARGE.jpg)

On the opposite side of the planet, storm-ravaged and flooded Queensland is bracing for what is being called the strongest storm ever to hit Australia with 186mph winds tonight.

Wow...Here in KC metro we ended up with about 10ish inches. Which is probably my biggest 1 day snow storm that I've ever experienced and remembered.

Well, enjoy and becareful.

Boy, was it nice to come to a warm stove and house after plowing the drive and the neighbors.

3 inches of snow yesterday, 1 inch of sleet covered by 1/4 or so of ice last night. What a crappy storm. I still have power and cable, and plenty of heat !! I would rather have a foot or 2 of snow than this crap.

Onion News Network Winter Weather Safety Tips
(broken link removed to http://www.theonion.com/articles/onion-news-network-winter-weather-safety-tips,18955/)
January 28, 2011

We urge all idiots to take caution during this snow emergency and keep in mind the follow tips:

* Snow is cold
* Avoid walking, running, or driving into trees
* A garbage bag does not make a "great coat"
* Keep icicles out of eyes
* Go outside only if supervised by a non-idiot
* Do not eat de-icing salt
* Do not start fires indoors
* If you urinate on self, change pants immediately

* Keep a safe distance from the average SUV owner (1 mile recommended)
* Don't eat yellow snow

Status
Not open for further replies.