30NC Measurements

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
  • Super Cedar firestarters 30% discount Use code Hearth2024 Click here
Status
Not open for further replies.
BeGreen said:
Englander really needs to update their docs for some stoves. Or at least provide sufficient online documentation. Heck I will draw it out for them if they will post a top, side, and front view with dimensions.

good point, i will see what i can do about that. thanks for pointing it out.

Thanks Mike! I like the 17VL manual for this reason. Those simple drawings really help planning, especially when clearances are close.

PS: To be fair, Englander is not the only company that has this issue.

BeGreen said:
Thanks Mike! I like the 17VL manual for this reason. Those simple drawings really help planning, especially when clearances are close.

PS: To be fair, Englander is not the only company that has this issue.

well one of the reasons i hang out here (besides my addiction to the place) is to get feedback and ideas, so if soomthing like this is brought up, i try to act on it. in doing so by bringing these things up ,it helps me be more helpful to my customer base. sometimes a simple thing like that can get overlooked but in reading this thread ive come to understand clearly the value of having those measurements available, after i said i would look at it i drew up a simple template on "paint" with a layout to show these measurements. its my intent to have one for each model we currently build on our website as soon as we can collate the measurements and do a presentable page with them.

as far as that goes to ANYONE who has a suggestion such as this , im all ears! my job is to make it easier for you. look in my sig line for contact info. and feel free to shoot me a message ,PM or whatever, i'll see what i can do to make whatever i can better.

Well, if you miss out on the HD deal, I might be looking to offload my 30 later this year. Been in storage, never used. Wife and I were talking about moving and even put a bid in on a house. My employment situation is kinda weird right now, though. Don't know if I'll have a job by the end of this year. Trying to plan for the worst right now. I originally bought the stove for a large shop area that I was going to build for a business that didn't work out. The 30 is too much firepower for my small house and I don't have the lot space to support enough wood for 2 stoves. I've got a VL-17 that I'm probably going to give to my Dad because his US Stove 2000 is just too much stove for his house. Got both for $1000 after haggling with the store manager.

Status
Not open for further replies.