25-ep stove Ash build-up

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi:

Thanks, everyone for the advice on the vent, I have now fixed that. Now a new issue, how do I calm this thing down? I am running the low end setting on 1-4-1. Running off a thermostat on high-low. Heat and blower settings are both on 4.

The stove is kicking out a ton of heat even in though it is running in the low range, too much heat. I guess the easy answer is to run it in off-on mode, but I don't want to cycle it off.

So how do I get it to calm down in low settings? (Using Cubex pellets).

Thanks

Julian

Hi:

Thanks, everyone for the advice on the vent, I have now fixed that. Now a new issue, how do I calm this thing down? I am running the low end setting on 1-4-1. Running off a thermostat on high-low. Heat and blower settings are both on 4.

The stove is kicking out a ton of heat even in though it is running in the low range, too much heat. I guess the easy answer is to run it in off-on mode, but I don't want to cycle it off.

So how do I get it to calm down in low settings? (Using Cubex pellets).

Thanks

Julian

Maybe I missed something, but what about just turning the heat setting down?

It should only burn on the 4 settings when it's calling for heat in hi/lo mode and then kick down to low once it's satisfied...It looks like it's still too warm/too much heat when it's in low.

My 25 ep does something similar. My settings are 1, 4, 1, no thermostat. When my heat setting is on 3 the stove cranks heat and then my blower goes to max.

Status
Not open for further replies.