2017 Silverado oil change

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
… I much prefer the ride with the 15" winter wheels vs the 17" summer setup …

Yup. I bought the stock 18-inch wheels for my current Escape off someone on the Escape forums so I could ditch the optional 19-inch wheels. Like having an extra half-inch sidewall.

I need tires next year. 235/50-18s are a bit less expensive than 235/45-19s, too. :)

Good morning,

It's time for me to change the oil. The first 2 free oil changes were completed by the dealer. I have 2 jugs of 10w30 Pennzoil Platinum that I picked up fro AAP last year at a heck of a closeout deal for 2 bucks each. Truck calls for 0w20. Should I use the 10w30 or go with 0w20? I've read where some people say use it. Others say no due to VVT/AFM and possible throwing a MIL code.

Thanks!

0w20 helps with gas mileage. I change the oil on my wife's 2010 Camry, and have always used Mobil 1, 0w20 oil, and 10,000 mile oil change intervals. Recently other manufactures like Valvoline and Penzoil have come out with that specification as well. Which ones best, who knows, all I know is the car has 175,000 miles and still runs like new.