2001 englander 25-pdv tstat review

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jeremygrimm

Dec 16, 2014
Malvern, ohio
Well it's January and here in ohio last night was my first real test running my pellet stove with a thermostat. I have a mostly finished basement (no flooring yet) and an upstairs the same size. Both measure to be 1480 sqft. So there is roughly 2900 sqft I'm heating. I turned my electric furnace tstat to 67 degrees and in the basement I turned the pellet stove tstat to 68. Last night it got to 4 degrees. I woke up this morning and I used about 3/4 of a bag of pellets in 10 hours and the upstairs was 69 and the basement was 68 and was not calling for heat. Needless to say for an old pellet stove I'm extremely happy with the performence. Just in case someone was thinking about a tstat I am very happy with it. I got it tuned in just about perfect. Running on d mode aND holding temp wonderfully.

I just wish the convection blower would idle down along with the heat. Idling on low and fan on high cools to stove down pretty quick... more so with lesser quality pellets

I just wish the convection blower would idle down along with the heat. Idling on low and fan on high cools to stove down pretty quick... more so with lesser quality pellets
This I can agree with 100%. I was thinking of building a small circuit to do just that. I'm an industrial electrician so it's a project I could try to do. But probably not this winter.

This I can agree with 100%. I was thinking of building a small circuit to do just that. I'm an industrial electrician so it's a project I could try to do. But probably not this winter.

Do it now :)

Status
Not open for further replies.