horse hair plaster

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I don't think this will be an issue at all.

I've pretty much decided on the Oslo, set out to have the main part of the stove outside the opening. I'm totally one the Jotul train, although, I'm keeping an open mind to the others suggestions, and am going to look into them.

Grisu, That's a cool trick, I'm going to have to learn how to do that photoshopped thing. I looked at the soap stone stoves, they're not for me.

Was not my intention of convincing you otherwise. ;) I am usually not a big fan of the Woodstock design either but have to say, I am surprised how good the Progress would look in that spot.

The photoshopping is pretty simple; the more trickier part is finding an appropriate picture to paste into your fireplace. Here is something for you and your family to look forward to:

fireplace-Oslo-black.jpg

Or are you going for the white enamel?

fireplace-Oslo-white.jpg

Looks good doesn't it! My wife really likes the white, but I'd feel like I was putting wood in a washing machine;). I'm trying to talk her into the majestic brown, the store I'm using has one a guy returened after about two weeks. I started out looking at the Black Bear 118, but the wife hated it. I liked it and still do. I think its the coolest stove just because it's different. Maybe I can use it in the fireplace across the hall. Uh oh here we go again:rolleyes:.

Last edited:
I wouldn't be a fan of the white in my old farm house, but I think it looks excellent in your more formal decor.

The most important thing to remember is you want your wife to LOVE this stove. That way, when you're looking to spend your Saturdays out splitting wood, or going thru the usual beginner's difficulties with keeping the house comfortable in the first year, she doesn't get too irritated with the whole exercise.

That is very true. I've already gave up the big bear. I'm still negotiating with boss on the color. Not only do I not like the white I also think the room could use a little contrast. The room has a lot of white trim.

Status
Not open for further replies.