Yay, got a used i2400 Regency...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

snaple4

Feeling the Heat
Dec 18, 2017
AR
Hopefully it fits... So now I need to run a flue and replace the top left baffle that is broken. Anyone see any problems I need to address? Any pointers on using/installing this thing? Do you guys normally order a flue system from an online dist or local supplier? I work for an HVAC company but our regular places don't have any...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Reactions: Jan Pijpelink
Looks to be in decent shape. Nice find. Replacement baffle kits are available at your Regency dealer.
The 7/8" door gasket you can get from Rutland OR your dealer.
Wire brush the whole stove body & then spray it with Stove Bright Metallic Black.
There are a couple of decorative covers available for the holes in the hinges if you want to dress it up.
Burn dry wood - <20% MC & this baby will serve you well.

Reactions: snaple4
Guess I need to pick up a moisture meter. I am looking for fire bucket, kettle, and a thermometer as well. Checked with the local dealer and ordered the baffle and a liner kit + insulation. Going local was a bit more.

My fireplace drops down 2 inches from the hearth. What can I put in there to raise it up? Also, there is a small gap between the metal firepit and the brick and in the brick itself (this part looks intentional. It has on the top and bottom of each side), should I leave the gap(s) or fill it with mortar?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

You can use strips of 1/2" Durarock to build up the floor
& support the underside of the insert & bring it up to hearth level.
Someone else can chime in on the mortar issue...