xtrordinair combustor - picture?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

xtrodinair ny

Dec 1, 2019
Westchester ny
Does anyone have an xtrordinair wood insert ? i am trying to figure out what the piece of metal is that is behind the combustor but before the forks on the bypass rod. Thanks!

Is it the horizontal plate, then it's the the by-pass plate?

Can you elaborate? Is there an issue?

xtrordinair combustor - picture?

I dont think it is the bypass plate there is still a by pass on the end orf the bypass rod

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like you don’t have an insert, it looks like you have a fireplace. Is it a 44 or 36 Elite?
That metal piece is a diverter for the exhaust, it prevents it from going straight up the flue.

Thank you. should it be right behind the cumbustor ? the one i have is moving, leaning backward at an angle on the bypass rod. i see a grove where it could go right behind the cumbustor but the cumbustor may press against it.

It does move a little, but it doesn't matter, it's just a diverter.

If it’s in the correct place it shouldn’t be leaning I wouldn’t think.