wrong again "2"

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
  • Super Cedar firestarters 30% discount Use code Hearth2024 Click here
Status
Not open for further replies.

yooperdave

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Oct 26, 2010
Michigan's U.P.
looks like we have had the same weatherman 2 nights in a row! the overnight low is predicted to -1f. i just checked, and it is already -21f! gotta love it, right? when you walk on the snow at these temps (like in your path or driveway) it actually squeaks under foot! just doesn't like being stepped on at those temps, i guess. i'm thinking another night of -35 or....

Don't they have moving companies up there Dave?

BrotherBart said:
Don't they have moving companies up there Dave?

just like my wood, i do everything myself...including moving. its just that i dont think texas or florida or even norhtern virginia is quite ready for a yooper!!!!! (actually lived in florida for one summer)

the warm winters are over rated,
a good cold winter will make spring seem so much better. something to look forward to.

Reminds me of when I picked up a friend at Dulles airport that was being transferred here from Florida. We had two feet of snow on the ground and it was snowing. As we walked out of the airport to my car he said "The change of seasons is highly overrated.". :lol:

yeah he might be right

I just looked at that sentence. It was the guy, not the airport, that was being transferred. :red:

Uh, Tampa control, isn't there supposed to be water down there?

yooperdave said:
looks like we have had the same weatherman 2 nights in a row! the overnight low is predicted to -1f. i just checked, and it is already -21f! gotta love it, right? when you walk on the snow at these temps (like in your path or driveway) it actually squeaks under foot! just doesn't like being stepped on at those temps, i guess. i'm thinking another night of -35 or....

We must have the same weatherman here.
Said it was supposed to be single digits for lows yesterday, when I went to bed at 11 it had already dropped to -10.

well, it really is warming up!!! it's only -30f outside this am.

snow and ice removal today tomorrow and sun...from the roofs!

They are currently tell us that we are supposed to get above freezing for the weekend.

I might have to pull out the shorts and start on my tan.

After being below zero all week watch out cleaning off those roofs so yo uwouldn't get heat stroke. :)

Its into the double digits above zero!!
What a heat wave compared to how it's been, though it is snowing.
Here in the winter it is either below zero or its snowing.

I can't wait until road construction season.

Same here although it was a tad warm this morning only -1. Calling for 20's today for a high and 30's + for the weekend. Truck did not even protest this morning when I went to start it. It has been growling at me all week in the morning.

Hang in there Dave. They are forecasting much warmer for next week. This should mean you will only get down to zero overnight and maybe 20 during the day. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.