Woolly Bear

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Aug 25, 2009
In The Woods
This is the last Woolly Bear I saw near the garage while I was waterproofing the blocks, an easy winter, we'll see. 101_1924.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Todd67
i see loads of those on my in my wood piles all curled up into a ball.

This is from the weather channel, will the blob give the east a cold and stormy winter, we shall see.

• A mass of warm water known as "the blob" has returned to the northern Pacific Ocean.
  • The expansive dome of high pressure over Alaska allowed the blob to form off the coast.
  • The blob is generally associated with warm, dry winters in the West and cold, stormy winters in the East.

Ah, but it's been a relatively rainy Fall here in Maine and my grandfather always said if the farm pond was full in the Fall we wouldn't have a lot of snow.

So who do I trust? My "Pamp" or "The Blob"? :)

Ah, but it's been a relatively rainy Fall here in Maine and my grandfather always said if the farm pond was full in the Fall we wouldn't have a lot of snow.

So who do I trust? My "Pamp" or "The Blob"? :)
Pamp.

Saw one about 2 weeks ago while raking leaves. Left it alone.

The first Woolly Bears have been out, the middle band would indicate an easy winter but we'll see what the second generation looks like this fall.
101_2361.JPG

Last edited by a moderator: